The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and its affiliates (collectively, “Goodyear”) respects individual privacy and values the confidence of its associates, customers, vendors and others with whom we do business. Goodyear strives to collect, use and disclose Personal Information in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which it does business, and prides itself on upholding the highest ethical standards in its business practices.
This Policy applies to all Personally Identifiable Information (PII), in any format or medium, relating to all employees, customers, vendors and others who do business with Goodyear.
For purposes of this Policy, the following definitions shall apply:
“Personal Information” means any information or set of information, whether alone or in combination with other Personal Information gathered, processed, used or stored by Goodyear that is sufficient to identify an employee, or other individual. Personal Information does not include information that is anonymous, nor does it include publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public Personal Information.
“Goodyear” means The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and its affiliates as used in this Policy.
Goodyear, when gathering, processing, storing, using or disclosing Personal Information, shall follow these principles:
Notice and Consent: Goodyear endeavors to inform persons whose Personal Information Goodyear collects about the purposes for which it collects and uses the Personal Information, the types of third parties to which Goodyear discloses or may disclose that information, and the choices and means Goodyear offers the subjects of the information for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal Information. Goodyear will endeavor to provide notice when persons are first asked to provide Personal Information to Goodyear, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before Goodyear uses or discloses the information for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected. Unless permitted by applicable law, no Personal Information is collected without first obtaining the consent of the individual for the collection, use and disclosure of that information. In some circumstances that consent may arise from the nature of the relationship between Goodyear and the individual. When you provide information to Goodyear you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy and other applicable Goodyear privacy policies. You may, as provided by applicable law, be free to refuse or withdraw your consent upon reasonable advance notice. Goodyear will endeavor to advise you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent.
- Choice: Goodyear will endeavor to offer persons whose information it possesses an opportunity, where feasible and reasonable under the circumstances, to choose whether their Personal Information is (a) to be disclosed to a third party, or (b) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
- Goodyear will endeavor to provide individuals with mechanisms, reasonable under the circumstances, to exercise their choice.
- Access and Correction: Upon request and where required or otherwise appropriate, and within periods (if any) set by applicable law, Goodyear will endeavor to grant individuals reasonable access to the Personal Information that it holds about them. Such access may be denied by Goodyear where such denial is permitted by applicable law and where (i) such access could potentially disclose Personal Information of another individual, and therefore, violate his/her privacy rights; (ii) such access could potentially disclose information relating to any ongoing Goodyear investigation; (iii) such access could potentially disclose Goodyear’s confidential information; (iv) the cost of such access would be significantly disproportionate to the benefits derived; (v) Goodyear has a good faith belief that the request is not to correct data but to hide or alter data that could adversely affect the individual requesting the correction; and (vi) at any point it becomes clear that any individual’s access requests are unjustified or harassing in nature. In the event a request is denied, Goodyear will notify the individual regarding the reasons for denial in writing. Consistent with how your information is maintained in the ordinary course of Goodyear’s business, Goodyear will provide the information in an understandable form. We may impose a reasonable charge when a request is made (e.g., for photocopying or postage). In addition, Goodyear will endeavor to take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. To guard against fraudulent requests for access, Goodyear may require sufficient information to allow it to confirm the identity of the individual making the request before granting access.
- Data Integrity: Goodyear will endeavor to use Personal Information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. Goodyear will endeavor to take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
- Disclosure and Transfer to Third Parties: Goodyear will endeavor to obtain appropriate and reasonably enforceable assurances from third parties to which it discloses or transfers Personal Information that they will safeguard Personal Information in a manner consistent with this Policy. Where Goodyear becomes aware that a third party is using or disclosing Personal Information in a manner contrary to this Policy, Goodyear will endeavor to take reasonable steps to prevent or stop such use or disclosure. To the extent applicable law requires your consent before disclosing your Personal Information to third parties we will endeavor to obtain your consent prior to such transfer. There may be circumstances where we will be required to transfer Personal Information without obtaining prior consent, including (i) where required by a court order; (ii) where Goodyear believes, upon reasonable grounds, that it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, or safety or property of a person or group of persons; (iii) where it is necessary to establish or collect monies owing to Goodyear or to complete a transaction with a third party; (iv) where it is necessary to permit Goodyear to pursue available remedies or limit any damages we may sustain; or (v) where the information is public. Where obliged or permitted to disclose Personal Information, Goodyear will not disclose more than is required.
- Because Goodyear does business in many countries, information collected by Goodyear in one country may be processed in another country, including the United States of America, whose laws may provide different levels of protection from those in the country where the information is first collected. Personal Information gathered in one country may be subject to access by and disclosure to law enforcement agencies of jurisdictions other than the country where the information is first collected. Goodyear also may share Personal Information with organizations and entities that perform services on its behalf, and these organizations and entities may be located in countries other than the country in which the information is first collected.
Security: Goodyear takes reasonable and appropriate precautions to protect Personal Information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, and to respond to the misuse, loss or unauthorized use of such information.
Governance: Goodyear will regularly review compliance with this and other Goodyear privacy policies. Except to the extent otherwise prohibited by applicable law, any Goodyear employee, associate or contractor that Goodyear determines is in violation of this Policy will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment or engagement.
Dispute Resolution: Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of Personal Information should be directed to Goodyear at the address given below. Goodyear will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of Personal Information in accordance with the principles contained in this Policy.
Questions or comments about this Policy should be submitted to the following person, by mail or e-mail:
Director Compliance & Ethics
Phone: (330) 796-7288
Goodyear’s Commitment to Privacy
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and its affiliates (collectively, “Goodyear”) respect individual privacy and values the confidence of its associates, customers, vendors and others with whom we do business. Goodyear strives to collect, use and disclose personal information in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which it does business. Accordingly, you are not required to provide any personal information to use this site. Any information you do provide through this site will be maintained in a reasonably secure manner and will only be used or disclosed in a manner disclosed to you here or otherwise. For more information on Goodyear’s privacy policies and practices, click on this link or see above.
When you browse a Goodyear web site, you do so anonymously. Personal information is not collected. Some areas of our web sites, however, may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your name, email address or the like for purposes such as correspondence, site registration, making a purchase or participating in online surveys. In those instances, you may decline to provide your personal information, but as a result you may not have access to those features. Goodyear also may retain electronic communications you send to our customer service representatives, webmasters or other representatives or other associates or service providers as a means to continually improve customer service. Goodyear web sites track information about visits to those sites. For example, statistics are compiled that show the daily requests received for particular files on a site, and what countries those requests come from. These aggregated statistics are used to customize our web sites to better meet your needs and may also be provided to others. Certain Goodyear sites may use “cookies” or “web beacons.” A “cookie” is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may be stored on your computer, device or system. Cookies allow us to better serve visitors to our website by offering a tailored experience. A “web beacon”, also referred to as a “spotlight” or “pixel tag”, is used to recognize unique cookies and assist us in determining which advertisements bring users to a specific website or page. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. If you decline to accept the cookie, it will also disable the web beacon. With both cookies and web beacons, the information collected and used is anonymous. The information collected does not contain your name, address, telephone number or email address.
Goodyear and third parties acting on Goodyear’s behalf may use the information users give to us, for example, to provide you with promotions and advertisements for our products and services, to measure consumer interest in our various products or to inform users about new products and programs. These offers may be based on information provided in surveys, information that may indicate purchasing preferences, or communications made to or through a Goodyear site. Any lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and designed to protect the privacy and security of your personal information. Goodyear will use reasonable efforts to address all requests to remove names from any postal mail or email lists.
Online Tire Registration Information
Any information provided by users through the online tire registration form available on this site will not be shared with any third party other than as provided by law, nor will it be used for any marketing purposes. Any information you provide in the online tire registration form is maintained in a separate tire registration database and is not used for any other purpose.
Other Web Sites
Goodyear web sites may contain links to other sites, and we make every effort to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy. However, Goodyear is not responsible for the content of or the privacy practices employed by those other sites.
Goodyear does not knowingly collect any personal information (such as name, address and telephone number) from children under 13 years of age through its web site. Goodyear will specifically instruct children under 13 not to submit such information to this web site. We do not currently allow children under 13 to register for or participate in contests or promotions on this site. However, if the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that their child has provided us with personally identifiable information, that parent or guardian should contact us if they want this information deleted from our systems. If Goodyear obtains knowledge that it has personally identifiable information about a child under 13 in retrievable form in its files we will delete that information from our existing files. In addition, anyone under 18 years of age should seek their parent’s or guardian’s permission prior to using or disclosing any personal information on this site.